News & Events
How to send and receive organisation customized emails Using Gmail
If you desire to use an organisation customized emails addresses like email@example.com; and you want to spare yourself of the hassle of constantly checking those emails in the wemail interface your orgaisation provided for you; here is the way to go. Having a professional looking/sounding email address is very important.
This is so that people will find it easy to trust that they are communicating with people in your organisation when sending or receiving messages to and from your email address.
Having your website at, say www.
mybusinessdomain.com, and then sending business-related emails to people using an email address like
firstname.lastname@example.org just doesn’t give people the good impression. Anyone could be using a gmail account or any free email account.
But only you and the people you authorize can use an email at your domain, eg.
If you’ve been using Gmail before your site, one problem you’re most probably facing is that you’ll now have to log in to different accounts in different places — one for your business and one for your other stuff. This can get really annoying and inconvenient when you have more email accounts for each different purpose.
One solution to both problems is to use Gmail for sending and receiving messages from your cPanel email address. This can be used to effectively centralize all your email accounts. To set this up with your cPanel emails, there are 3 main parts you need to do:
1. Login to your Gmail Account.
2. In the top right corner, open the Settings cog and choose Settings.
2. Click Accounts and Import.
3. In the "Send mail as" section, click Add another email address.
4. Enter your name and the email address you want to send from (See Example Below).
Click Next Step.
5. Enter the SMTP server (for example: mail.igbajopolytechnic.edu.ng, Port: 587 - For Secure Connection using TLS (Recommended)) and the username(Email Address in full) and password of the email, as in the example below:
6. Click Add Account.
7. Gmail will now send a confirmation email to your Webmail email address. Click on the link provided in the email. Or copy the code and paste as shown below and click verify: This completes the verification process.
8. That completes the process of integration. You can now choose your cpanel email address in the "from" drop down box as shown below:
June 7th, 2023
April 13th, 2023
January 13th, 2023
January 13th, 2023
November 25th, 2022